Alternatively, you can just use potato skins instead of wedges.
900g / 1 lb. potatoes
1 can fat-free refried beans (regular or spicy)
1 pack Quorn mince (in the US: a ground meat substitute)
1 packet of Taco seasoning
salsa (to taste)
168g / 6oz. reduced fat grated cheese
Fry Light / low calories cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 225F/110C.
2.. Wash and dice the potatoes into thick wedges and par-boil them for 10 minutes. Spray a large baking tray with Fry Light or any low-calorie cooking spray. Drain the wedges and spread evenly across the baking tray.
3. Bake for 45 minutes or until wedges start to turn golden.
4. While the wedges are baking, put the Quorn mince into a frying pan sprayed with Fry Light. Add 1/4 cup of water and the packet of Taco seasoning. Mix. Cover and cook for 12 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Put the contents of the can of refried beans into a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave on high for 2 minutes.
6. Separate the wedges, when done baking, onto 4 plates. Top with the refried beans and then top with the taco mince.
7. Put 1/4 of the grated cheese on each plateful, and then top with desired amount of salsa.
If making the salsa from scratch:
One syn per serving on Green or Extra Easy Days.
You can purchase the recipe card for this recipe here.