(I will add a picture in here when I get one taken.)
When I lived in the US, once of my favorite cookies was the snickerdoodle. Snickerdoodles are wonderful cinnamon vanilla cookies, and I really wanted to come up with a healthier version of them. This is the result of my efforts.
6oz self-raising flour
3oz low-fat margarine
12 tbsp sweetener
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp fat-free vanilla yogurt
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 egg yolk
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Mix the sweetener, flour and cinnamon in a bowl. Add the margarine and rub it in using your fingertips until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
3. Stir in the yogurt and the egg yolk. Knead the mixture with your hands until it forms a soft dough.
4. Divide the mixture into 24 small balls. Place the dough balls on a baking tray sprayed with Fry Light or other low calorie oil spray. Bake these in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden. Cool before serving.
Saturday 19 March 2011
Tuesday 8 March 2011
Happy Pancake Day! Becausr today is Pancake Day, I thought it would be appropriate for me to add a healthy pancake recipe.
Makes 2 pancakes.
6 tbsp sweetener
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Separate the egg yolk and the egg white into separate bowls.
2. Add 3 tbsp of sweetner to the egg white. Using an electric mixer, whip up the egg white until it makes stiff peaks.
3. Add the vanilla extract and the rest of the sweetener to the egg yolk and mix well.
4. Fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg white mixture.
5. Spray a pan with Fry Light and pour half of the mixture into the pan. After a minute, flip the "pancake" over.
6. Take it out a minute later and repeat the cooking process with the rest of the mixture.
Add your favorite topping and enjoy!
Syn free on all plans.