Tuesday 17 November 2009
This is really simple to make and can have many variations. You can substitute the bacon with imitation bacon. You can layer slices of tomato across the top before adding the sprinkle of grated cheese over it. You can also make it into tiny cakes (if you have to limit your potato portions because you're on an Original Day) and dry-fry them in Fry Light.
About 8 medium Potatoes (any kind that will mash well)
180g Light Cheese, grated
6 slices Extra Lean Bacon
4 Medium Eggs
Fry Light (or other low-cal cooking spray)
1. Boil the potatoes.
2. While potatoes are boiling, whisk the eggs together.
3. Dry-fry the bacon. (Fry the bacon by using a bit of low-calorie cooking spray.)
4. Put the bacon into the chopper or food processor and chop into tiny bits.
5. Drain the potatoes and then mash them using the eggs.
6. Mix the cheese, leaving a small amount set aside for later, into the potato mixture.
7. Mix the bacon bits into the potato mixture.
8. Spread into a pan for baking.
9. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
10. Bake uncovered in the oven at 220 for 45 minutes or until the cheese on top starts to brown and go golden.
Slimming World Syns:
Free on Extra Easy (if eaten with the right amount of vegetables)
Free on Green if using the bacon as a Healthy Extra