This is a delicious and filling recipe that is full of fiber and protein. Scotch Eggs are a traditional food in Great Britain, but the store-bought ones are high in fats, salt and chemicals. This is a much healthier alternative without sacrificing flavor.
8 fat-free or low fat sausages
8 medium eggs
1. Boil the eggs and allow to cool. Then peel the shells off, rinse and set aside.
2. Use mortar and pestle to crush the Scan Bran into a powder.
3. Take the "skin" (wrapping) off of one of the sausages.
4. Roll out the sausage with a rolling pin until flat.
5. Place a boiled egg into the center of the flattened sausage.
6. Wrap the sausage around the egg and roll until forming a smooth ball.
7. Roll sausage ball in powdered Scan Bran until coated.
8. Place on a baking tray that is sprayed with Fry Light (or other low cal oil spray.)
9. Repeat steps 3 through 8 for the other 7 sausages.
10. Place in oven 200C and bake for 30 minutes.
Alternatively, you can mix the powdered Scan Bran with seasoning for a different taste. And, if you are on a low carb diet, you can skip the Scan Bran steps altogether.