2 cups pumpkin puree
600g potatoes, peeled and chopped
700ml chicken stock/broth
1 tsp ground cumin
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp. light butter or margarine
1. Fry up the onion and garlic cloves in a pan sprayed with Fry Light for 5 minutes or until soft.
2. Make up 700ml chicken broth/stock. Boil the potatoes in the stock for 20 minutes.
3. Add the butter or margarine and stir it in until it's melted.
4.Add the cumin and salt and pepper to the potatoes.
5. Add the onion and garlic to the potatoes, and continue to simmer on low for 5 minutes.
6. Add the pumpkin puree to the potato mixture. Simmer for 5 more minutes.
7. Using a hand blender, blend everything together until it forms a thick, rich soup.