I made this lasagna for dinner today and the whole family loved it! I used Quorn mince (vegetarian meat substitute for ground beef), but you can just as easily use turkey mince or extra lean beef mince.
(This is where writing up these recipes gets confusing for me. In the US, it's spelled "lasagna," but in the UK, it's spelled "lasagne." "Beef mince" in the UK is called "ground beef" in the US. And I don't know what the US version of Quorn mince is called.)
Serves 4 (generous servings).
12 Lasagna egg pasta sheets
1 package (300g) of Quorn mince
2 large onions, finely chopped
2 X 400g cans chopped tomatoes in tomato juice
1 pot (300g) fat-free or very low fat Cottage Cheese
84g low-fat grated cheese
2 tomatoes, sliced thinly
3 tbsp bolognese seasoning
salt & pepper to taste
1. Spray a glass rectangle pan with Fry Light.
2. Add Quorn mince, chopped onions, cans of chopped tomotoes, bolognese seasoning, salt & pepper into a frying pan and cook on a medium heat for 12 mminutes, stirring frequently.
3. Lay four lasagna sheets evenly across the bottom of the glass pan.
4. Layer 2/3 of the Quorn mince over the lasgana sheets in the pan.
5. Lay four more lasagna sheets across the pan on top of the Quorn mince mixture.
6. Pour cottage cheese over the top of this and spread it so it covers everything.
7. Lay last four lasagna sheets over the top, spread apart but touching.
8. Spread the last of the Quorn mice mixture across the top and then layer the slices of tomato across the top of it.
9. Sprinkle cheese over the top of the layers.
10. Bake at 180 degrees for 45 minutes/35 minutes in a fan assisted oven.
11. Serve and enjoy!
If using the grated cheese as a healthy extra, this dish is syn-free on green or extra easy. Add 6 syns if not using the cheese as a healthy extra.