This recipe is a real favorite of Robert's, and the kids and I really like it too.
Chicken, Lemon & Garlic Casserole
Ready in about an hour.
2lb/908g skinless, boneless chicken breasts (original recipe calls for chicken thighs)
2 large carrots
7oz/198g green beans
4-5 sprigs of tarragon
Fry Light (or other low-calorie cooking spray)
4 garlic cloves (original recipe calls for 1 garlic bulb)
1 ¼ pt/710ml stock made with chicken Bovril (or other chicken stock cubes)
1 tbsp chicken Bovril (from concentrate) (or other Chicken stock concentrate liquid)
salt & freshly ground black pepper (I use Nature’s Seasoning)
1. Cut the chicken into chunks. Peel and chop the onions. Peel the carrots and cut into thick batons. Halve the green beans. Slice the lemon. Chop the tarragon.
2. Spray a large non-stick casserole dish with Fry Light (I just used a normal pan). Place over a high heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned on all sides.
3. Add the onions, carrots, garlic cloves (peeled and crushed) (original recipe says to just add the garlic bulb), sock and Bovril concentrate. Season well and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover tightly with the lid and cook gently for 25 minutes.
4. Add the green beans and lemon slices to the casserole. Cook for 5-8 minutes. Remove from the heat. (Original recipe says here to discard the garlic bulb.) Serve sprinkled with the tarragon.
5. Remove and discard the lemon. (In the original recipe, you are supposed to leave the lemon in the casserole. In fact, my husband prefers it with the lemon in, but my teenage daughters and I remove the lemon for our servings.)
Syns per serving on Original: FREE